While tying up some Thanksgiving loose ends, I quickly ran into Target and ended up in a holiday detour. The Christmas stuff was out… The store wasn’t crowded. Very cute things were on the shelves…
When one has an impossibly creative college roommate who looks like she belongs in Manhattan instead of Saratoga Springs, New York – it is no surprise she becomes a successful entrepreneur. Ivy began her post-college career in fashion at Glamour magazine before stepping out on her own.
You know that gift that was clearly meant for the givee? Like the wireless speaker my husband “helped” me unwrap, he was so excited. I promised myself I was not going to do that here. So here it goes…
1. Jawbone BIG Jambox. Turns any mobile device into a portable sound system. Great for outdoor summer parties for his man cave.
2. Classic Horseshoes Game. A big game around our house in the summer. Beer may be involved. This set is from Orvis. Four steel horseshoes, two stakes and a rulebook that is usually never read.
3. Kindle Voyage. New high resolution display and an adaptive light so you can read in bright sunshine or the dark. My husband has lost two kindles already, so maybe three times the charm?
4. Grundens Waterproof Fleece. The ultimate fleece pullover for husbands who do all those crazy outdoor activities. The shell resists everything and the inside lining keeps them warm and dry.
5. Weber Grill. Enough said.
6. Binoculors. A pair of compact binoculars for close-up views of all the Broadway Musicals he will get tickets for on Father’s Day.
7. Liberty Tie. Have to circle back to this old reliable and park the Hermes and Vineyard Vines versions this year.
8. Fishing Weekend. Give him the nod for a fishing weekend with his buddies. Make some brownies, throw in a case of beer and wave goodbye.
9. Kiehl’s Starter Kit. Tim is not going to like this one, but he actually uses skincare products when I buy them. This little kit has all the necessities for Dad’s handsome face and then some.
10. Caol Ila Single Malt. Finish off Father’s Day by giving him this smoky whiskey with hints of malt and toffee. Smells good and tastes even better.
Happy Father’s Day to all of the wonderful dad’s out there! Including our own Tim Dowling.
the wry home
On a trip to TARGET to pick up a roasting pan and some last minute things for Thanksgiving, the red and green called to me… I am not a fan of skipping over holidays. When candy canes were on full display October 31st as I grabbed last minute Halloween candy, it was annoying. Thanksgiving should get its day without Christmas trees waiting in the wings. But, on this particular Sunday, I had TARGET all to myself and decided to take a quick stroll through the holiday section. Here are some reasonable finds for a happy TARGET Christmas!
There is much, much more than what I have here. It is definitely worth the trip! In fact, I am going to GIVEAWAY some of the things you see here this week on The Wry Home!!!!
ANYONE THAT COMMENTS BELOW ON THIS POST WILL BE ELIGIBLE.
Check in next week to see who the winner is.